Reschedule the appointment
更改工夫
A: Mr. Burton called, while you were not, concerning you meeting with him on Tuesday.
在您出去的时分,布顿先生来过电话,关于和您周二见面的事。
B: Yes, at nine o'clock.
是的,在9点。
A: It isn't at nine o'clock anymore. He wants to reschedule the appointment. He said he was extremely sorry but something urgent has come up.
不是9点了。他想改个工夫。他说特别抱歉。因为发生紧急的事。
B: Oh, that's something unexpected. What time did he suggest?
哦,这可是出乎意料的事情。他建议在什么时分见面?
A: He said he's booked up the whole week except tomorrow afternoon.
他说除了明天上午他这一周都安排满了。
B: But I've got a very tight schedule tomorrow. I might not be able to make it.
可是我明天的日程安排得很紧。我很难再重新安排。
A: If it is inconvenient for both parties, I'm afraid we have to cancel it.
如果双方都不方便的话,那就只好取消了。
B : I think the appointment will have to be canceled. Please inform Mr.Burton about it.
我看这次约会不得不取消了。请告知布顿先生。
come up有很多种含义,在这里指发生。
Eg. We'll let you know if any vacancies come up.
一有空缺我们就通知你。
I'm afraid something urgent has come up, I won't be able to see you tonight.
很抱歉,有些急事,今晚不能去见你了。