英语美文:生而为人,永远谦卑

   2019-07-09 eGouz上网导航0
核心提示:I just went through a very tough time of my life.我刚刚经历了人生中非常艰难的一段时期。And the improbable unfolding of recent events has lead me to consider that no one thing is one thing only.这段时间里各种看似不可能的事情接连发生,它们让

I just went through a very tough time of my life.

我刚刚经历了人生中非常艰难的一段时期。

And the improbable unfolding of recent events has lead me to consider that no one thing is one thing only.

这段时间里各种看似不可能的事情接连发生,它们让我不禁意识到:世上没有什么事情是单纯而片面的。

英语美文:生而为人,永远谦卑

People keep defining what's familiar with new, ever-evolving meanings.

人们一直都在为熟悉的东西赋予新的、不断演化的含义。

By doing so, we release ourselves from the expected, the familiar, into something unforeseen.

通过这样做,我们将自己从那些司空见惯的东西中释放出来,并投身到那些未曾被预见的事物中。

And it is in this unfamilar realm that we find new possibilities.

正是在这陌生的领域里我们才能找到新的可能性。

It is in the unknown that we find hope.

正是在未知之中,我们才能找到希望。

Some people kept learning hard for a time in their life, but then they decided that they've known what they need to know.

有些人在一生中曾经刻苦地学习着,但后来他们却认为自己已经知道了需要知道的一切。

They developed a mental immune system.

于是他们的思维里产生了一种免疫系统。

They refuse to accept anything which this system finds unsettling.

任何被这个系统认定为不安因素的事物,都会被他们拒于千里之外。

Sometimes they even attack when they see such things.

有时候,当他们看到这些事物的时候,他们甚至会展开攻击。

They have stopped evolving.

他们已经停止进化了。

And sometimes I even found myself doing similar things.

时不时地,我甚至发现自己也在做这样的事情。

So I'm actually writing all this to make myself remember that the search for knowledge is an endless path.

所以,我现在写下这一切是为了让自己记住:寻求知识的道路是无穷无尽的。

Let's be each other's reminder, my friend.

让我们来提醒彼此吧,我的朋友。

Keep learning.

不要停止学习。

Keep evolving.

不要停止进化。

Keep being humble and hungry.

永远谦卑,永远保持对真知的饥渴。

 
反对 0举报 0 评论 0
 

免责声明:本文仅代表作者个人观点,与好速译英语翻译(本网)无关。其原创性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容、文字的真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
    本网站有部分内容均转载自其它媒体,转载目的在于传递更多信息,并不代表本网赞同其观点和对其真实性负责,若因作品内容、知识产权、版权和其他问题,请及时提供相关证明等材料并与我们留言联系,本网站将在规定时间内给予删除等相关处理.

点击排行