坚持探索的人生意义[双语阅读]

   2018-04-30 eGouz上网导航0
核心提示:罗曼·罗兰是20世纪的法国著名作家、音乐评论家,也是1915年的诺贝尔文学奖得主,他曾经说过““很多人在20岁、30岁的时候就死了”,这句话放到现在来说最恰当不过,现在的年轻人沉迷于互联网和游戏中不能自拔,“当你放弃探索,人生就结束了”。Romain Rolla

罗曼·罗兰是20世纪的法国著名作家、音乐评论家,也是1915年的诺贝尔文学奖得主,他曾经说过““很多人在20岁、30岁的时候就死了”,这句话放到现在来说最恰当不过,现在的年轻人沉迷于互联网和游戏中不能自拔,“当你放弃探索,人生就结束了”。

TED演讲:罗曼·罗兰有关于人生的忠告

Romain Rolland once said:

罗曼·罗兰曾说:

"Most men die at twenty or thirty;

“很多人在20岁、30岁的时候就死了,

thereafter they are only reflections of themselves,

一过这个年龄,他们只不过变成了自己的影子

for the rest of their lives they are aping themselves,

此后的余生不过在模仿自己中度过,

repeating from day to day more and more mechanically and affectedly what they said and did and thought and loved when they were alive."

日复一日,更机械,更装腔作势地重复他们有生之年的所作所为、所思所想、所爱所恨。”

Recently, I suddenly realized that this quote is talking about me.

最近,我忽然发现这则引言说的就是我。

I chose a stable job back as a civil servant in my hometown under my parents' advice after I graduated from college.

大学毕业之后,我听从父母的建议,在家乡找了一个稳定的公务员工作。

The job is easy. And my workload is quite small.

工作很轻松,工作量也很小。

So I have penty of time of mine own to spend.

所以我有充足的时间可以自由支配。

I bought my car and my house and went on dates which are arranged by my parents.

我买好了车和房子,并根据父母的安排去约会。

Everything goes well in my life.

生活中的一切都很顺利。

But, last month I went to a classmates reunion. And it crashed my heart.

但是,上个月我去了一个同学聚会。而我的心彻底被打碎了。

When we were having the meal. Some of my classmates talked about their interesting jobs and interesting challenges in Internet companies. Some of them were talking about strategies in investing in fund and stocks. Some of them were talking about all the new skills they have been learning, which I hadn't even heard of.

宴席上,有些同学在谈他们在互联网公司那些有趣的工作、有趣的挑战,有些谈起他们在基金和股票上的投资策略,有些则在谈他们在学的一些新技能,而这些技能我听都没听过。

But I? All I could talk about was that my wife just got pregnant.

而我呢?我能说的只是我太太前不久怀孕了。

And now it seems like my child is about to take the same boring path that I have taken.

现在看来,似乎我的孩子也要走上我走过的这条无聊道路。

Is this the life that I want?

这真的是我想要的生活吗?

Is this even life?

这真的是生活吗?

This suddenly becomes so horrible to me. I can't live like this.

我突然觉得这无比可怕。我不能这样生活下去。

And that's why I started to search for a new job. I don't want to die when I am thiry.

而这,也就是我重新开始找工作的原因。我不想在30岁就死去。

Life is only worth living when there are things to explore.

生活,只有在还有新事物可以探索的时候,才值得活下去。

 
反对 0举报 0 评论 0
 

免责声明:本文仅代表作者个人观点,与好速译英语翻译(本网)无关。其原创性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容、文字的真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
    本网站有部分内容均转载自其它媒体,转载目的在于传递更多信息,并不代表本网赞同其观点和对其真实性负责,若因作品内容、知识产权、版权和其他问题,请及时提供相关证明等材料并与我们留言联系,本网站将在规定时间内给予删除等相关处理.

点击排行